There were 986 press releases posted in the last 24 hours and 195,103 in the last 365 days.

EIN Presswire will be temporarily unavailable due to system maintenance between 20:00-21:00 GMT today. Please don't forget to save your work. We apologize for this inconvenience.

Pathway to Working and Investing in America For Foreign Students and International Investors

L-1 and E-2 visas may hold the key for graduate students facing deportation.

LOS ANGELES, CA, UNITED STATES, May 31, 2018 / -- On 5/11/18 the US Citizenship and Immigration Services (USCIS) unveiled a new policy to make foreign students deportable on the first day after graduation, minimizing their chances of overstaying the student visa in America. The deported students may not be able to reenter the US for a period of 3-10 years. The law goes into effect on August 9, 2018.

Traditional alternatives for foreign-born college students to remain in the US include: H-1B visas, which are being scaled back and EB-5 visas, which have their own challenges.

In 2018, the Wolfe Law Group, in collaboration with industry experts, came up with a better alternative for graduating foreign students, especially creative types in the arts, utilizing the L-1 and E-2 visa.

The L-1 and E-2 visa could be procured by foreign investors who invest in US Intellectual Property (i.e. copyright for films, music recordings, and video productions). International investors or foreign students can effectively own a US production company for both film and music and in exchange they get their L-1 or E-2 visa.

For filmmakers and/or foreign investors it can be as simple as investing in a script. It could be an existing script or one a student or investor has already created. Please see Forbes columnist, Andy Semotiuk, recent articles: Film Makers Look to Foreign Investors to Fund Independent Films and Independent Films Tickets to America for Foreign Investors.

For creatives in music there is an opportunity to work with legendary composer Lamont Dozier. With copyright ownership for music publishing, an additional source of income for films could be an original soundtrack. Please see The Wolfe Law Group 5/22/18 newsletter, How International Students Can Fund Education in America.

E-2 visas are quicker than L-1, but require country of origin to be part of the E-2 Treaty. Major countries like China and Israel are not, so for them L-1 visas would need to be explored.

Processing time is about 3-4 months and usually the applicant can get a three-year (renewable) visa to start. Cost will vary according to project and visa.

For college graduates faced with a less than 90-day deportation risk the E-2 or L-1 visas will allow them to remain in America and pursue entertainment careers.

Based on the multiple US immigration complexities it is highly recommended to consult with an immigration attorney who is an expert prior to August 9th, 2018.

Please pass this on to those who you think may benefit. The time to act is now.

About The Wolfe Law Group
Gary S. Wolfe has over 35 years of experience providing clients with expertise for IRS Civil and Criminal Tax Audits, International Tax Planning, and International Asset Protection. To date Gary has been the recipient of 63 International Tax & Legal awards from 11 different London/UK based global expert societies and has written 20 e-books (available on Amazon) regarding the IRS, International Tax Planning and Asset Protection. He has also published or been interviewed in 150+ separate articles published by 16 different US and International magazines. For more information see

Gary Wolfe
The Wolfe Law Group
email us here