Tustin Executive Center Recertified LEED® Gold With Transwestern Sustainability Services Guidance
TUSTIN, Calif., Jan. 11, 2017 (GLOBE NEWSWIRE) -- Transwestern Sustainability Services today announces it assisted Tustin Executive Center, a 95,756-square-foot, mixed-use building, in earning LEED® Gold recertification under the U.S. Green Building Council’s LEED v2009 for Operations and Maintenance: Existing Buildings™ rating system. The Transwestern-manged building at 17542 E. 17th St. in Tustin, California, earned 60 points out of the possible 91, six points higher than its initial Gold certification in 2011.
Guided by Transwestern Sustainability Services, Tustin Executive Center incorporated a variety of efficiency measures, including:
- Implementation of an Indoor Air Quality (IAQ) Management Plan to manage major sources of indoor air pollution.
- Minimization of light trespass from the building site into the night sky by retrofitting two sets of exterior lighting fixtures to use LED bulbs.
- Engagement of employees through occupant comfort surveys and participation in alternative transportation methods, increasing employee satisfaction and encouraging interest in the property’s long-term sustainability goals.
As a result of these measures, Tustin Executive Center achieved a variety sustainability goals, including:
- An ENERGY STAR® Performance Rating of 80.
- Reduction of indoor water use by 32 percent from the IPC/UPC baseline.
- 28.5 percent reduction in conventional commuting trips.
- $475 in annual savings achieved by reducing the run times of three air handling units.
/EIN News/ -- ABOUT TRANSWESTERN
Transwestern is a privately held real estate firm of collaborative entrepreneurs who deliver a higher level of personalized service – the Transwestern Experience. Specializing in Agency Leasing, Management, Tenant Advisory, Capital Markets, Research and Sustainability services, our fully integrated global enterprise adds value for investors, owners and occupiers of all commercial property types. We leverage market insights and operational expertise from members of the Transwestern family of companies specializing in development, real estate investment management and research. Based in Houston, Transwestern has 34 U.S. offices and assists clients through more than 180 offices in 37 countries as part of a strategic alliance with BNP Paribas Real Estate. Experience Extraordinary at transwestern.com and @Transwestern. For updates from the Sustainability Services group, follow @TWGreenBldgs.
Media Contact: Stefanie Lewis 713.272.1266 email@example.com firstname.lastname@example.org