There were 934 press releases posted in the last 24 hours and 156,587 in the last 365 days.

Lawrence Berkeley National Laboratory Webinar: Forecasting Wind Energy Costs and Cost Drivers

Date: 9/27/2016

Source: Lawrence Berkeley National Laboratory

11 a.m. ET Join Ryan Wiser of Lawrence Berkeley National Laboratory for a free webinar summarizing the results of an expert elicitation survey of 163 of the world's foremost wind experts, aimed at better understanding future costs and technology advancement possibilities. The new study, Expert Elicitation Survey on Future Wind Energy Costs, was recently published in the journal Nature Energy. Results suggest significant opportunities for cost reductions but also underlying uncertainties. Under the median scenario, experts anticipate 24% to 30% reductions by 2030 and 35% to 41% reductions by 2050 across the three wind applications studied. Costs could be even lower: experts predict a 10% chance that reductions will be more than 40% by 2030 and more than 50% by 2050.

Distribution channels: Energy