2017 Honda Pioneer 500 Features and Benefits
The industry's top-selling entry side-by-side gets even better for 2017, as Honda's Pioneer 500 now boasts a transmission that can change between fully automatic and manual electric shift modes via a toggle switch. For simple driving, owners can just push the accelerator and go. For more control, the steering-column-mounted paddles can be used to shift manually, or to override automatic shift points on the fly. Also new for 2017 are dual-rate suspension springs, providing a plush ride while still being resistant to bottoming. As always, the compact Pioneer 500 has a narrow 50-inch width that lets customers transport it in a full-size pickup-truck bed and ride it on recreational trails that have width restrictions. From longtime off-road enthusiasts to new side-by-side drivers, the Pioneer 500 is an instant favorite.
- Gearbox has five speeds with reverse, and owners can change between fully automatic and manual electric shift via a toggle switch. The automatic mode can be overridden on the fly with steering-column-mounted paddle shifters.
- Ratio of first gear (previously called low) has been changed to 3.615:1, improving shift feel and driveability.
- Fuel-injected 475cc engine provides great performance and excellent fuel efficiency in a variety of conditions.
- Suspension with new dual-rate coil springs for plush, progressive performance.
- Chassis with compact dimensions: 102.5-inch overall length and 73.1-inch wheelbase.
- Fifty-inch overall width allows transportation in a full-size pickup-truck bed and access to width-restricted trails.
- Single-function door and side nets open together as one unit via a twist-action door-release knob.
- Hydraulic disc brakes front and rear.
- Large, flat rear carrier offers a load capacity of 450 pounds and multiple hook points for tie-downs.
- Towing capacity of 1,000 pounds to take on tough jobs.
- New Green color option, plus Red and Honda Phantom Camo®.
- Full line of Honda accessories adds weather protection, storage capacity and expanded functionality.
- All 2017 Pioneer models receive safety enhancements established by ROHVA.
- Driver seatbelt interlock that prevents the vehicle from going above 15 mph until the seatbelt is engaged.
- New passenger and driver torso bars for enhanced occupant safety.
Transferable one-year limited warranty; extended coverage available with a Honda Protection Plan
Honda Genuine Accessories Hard Roof, Full Poly Tip-Out Windscreen (Hard Coat), Wind Deflector, Front Bumper, Rear Bumper, Aluminum A-Arm Guards (front/rear), Aluminum Skid Plate, Underseat Storage Box, Cargo Tray, Front Underhood Tray, Winch, Winch Mount, Plow Push Tube, Plow Mount, Plow Blade, Draw Bar, Hitch Ball, Work Light, Work Light Accessory Harness, Accessory Sub Harness, Back Up Alarm, Back Up Alarm Wire Harness, Horn Kit, Horn Kit Wire Harness
Honda Signature Accessories Fabric Roof/Rear Panel (Black and Camo), Bimini Top (Black and Camo), Full Poly Tip-Out Windscreen (Optical Grade), Storage Cover, Rubber Floor Mats, Rear Cab Net, Rearview Mirror, Fabric Doors (Black and Camo), Fabric Rear Panel, Cab Frame Cargo Bag, Rear Luggage Bag (Large and Small), Cargo Box, Light Bar, Auxiliary Lights, Light Bar/Auxiliary Lights Wire Harness, Flag with Mount, Side Mirrors
WARRANTY: Because we're so confident in the quality of each of our Honda Genuine Accessories and Honda Signature Accessories, we're pleased to offer one of the best warranties in the industry. One-year warranty begins on the day accessories are purchased by the customer.
- Meets current CARB and EPA off-road emissions standards
- Recommended for riders 16 years of age and older
# # #